Mike Elbert, the lead attorney at the Elbert Law Firm, has been obtaining successful case results for satisfied clients with Suffolk County DWI/DUI cases for over 20 years. Michael has been rated as a “SUPERB” attorney for DWI/DUI cases in Suffolk County by AVVO.COM. He is Nationally ranked among the top 100 DWI attorneys and among the top ten attorneys in New York for criminal defense and DWI by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys and Attorney and Practice Magazine.
It’s no secret that Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and Driving While your Ability is Impaired by Drugs (DWAI) in Suffolk County are very serious charges. A person charged with DWI or DWAI in Suffolk County should immediately seek the assistance of an experienced Suffolk County DWI/DWAI attorney, as the impact of a DWI/DWAI conviction can result in a criminal record and effect many aspects of their everyday lives. A DWI conviction can result in license suspension, ignition interlock, vehicle forfeiture, fines, treatment programs, community service, probation and even jail.
Typically, people charged with DWI or DWAI on Long Island are under the impression that these charges are impossible to overcome because the prosecutor’s evidence, such as a breathalyzer result, blood test or even a refusal to submit to a chemical test, are too strong to refute. However, there are many methods by which procedures and evidence can be called into question by an experienced Long Island DWI lawyer including, but not limited to:
- Was there sufficient probable cause for the initial stop?
- Can the Prosecutor prove the person was operating the vehicle?
- Was there “justification” for operating the vehicle while the person was intoxicated or impaired?
- Did the Officer properly conduct the standard field sobriety tests?
- Did the Officer operate the Breathalyzer properly?
- Did the person have any medical/physical issues that can affect the chemical test results?
- Are there experts that can effectively challenge the BAC reading?
- Did the Officer follow the proper procedures and give proper warnings?
- Was the Breathalyzer working properly?
SUFFOLK COUNTY DWI LAWYER MICHAEL ELBERT
For more than 20 years, Michael Elbert has personally handled hundreds of misdemeanor and felony DWI cases as a defense attorney in Suffolk County and as a former NYC prosecutor. He has the skill, reputation and familiarity with the local prosecutors and judges necessary to obtain the best possible results for his clients. Michael has been nationally ranked among the top 100 DWI attorneys by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense and is rated as a “Superb DWI Attorney” by Avvo.com. If you or a loved one has been charged with DWI in Suffolk County, call The Elbert Law Firm today for a free consultation. We will assess your case and your individual circumstances, explain your options and propose a strategy to obtain the best results possible.